Yesterday I decided to tackle some things that needed my attention. I even changed this sentence from "chores I had been putting off" because my attitude did not match that sentiment. I turned on dance music, grabbed a broom, and boogied my way through the next two hours of housework. Nothing like some good nightclub music to get your body moving! I did not think about what I was doing...I just went with the feelings. I realized that each time I completed even a small task it was an expression of my own abilities and desire to make a comfortable home for the couple that lives here. It was also love for life that motivated me and a celebration for the gifts I have been given. I believe that when we are grateful for the people and things that are in our life we care for them. The energy of love changes all things.
Each moment we are alive is an opportunity to learn, to grow, to share and to experience joy. It truly is a choice we make. Be...here...now.
Monday, January 2, 2012
Housework as Spiritual Practice
I used to tell myself that a smaller home was what I wanted because "who would want to clean all that?" I love our big house on the wooded creek lot. It is only the two of us but the space is wonderful! We have room to retreat and create individual space when we need it, have enough space to entertain, and it was fun decorating for Christmas this year. Our house is older and has this amazing character - no modern designs for us yet! Both of us enjoy the fact that it is ours and we are creating space that is unique to us as a couple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment