Each moment we are alive is an opportunity to learn, to grow, to share and to experience joy. It truly is a choice we make. Be...here...now.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Sharing Celebration
I turned 53 today. I am not one of those women who try to fool the world into thinking I am younger...gratitude for life's gifts remove that as even a consideration. I am also a survivor. It is often difficult to believe the life I have today when memories of painful events of the past invade my thoughts. It took a lot of work to get here. A lot of self discovery, painful honesty, and learning to delight in life as it is rather than suffer for what it is not. I give of my time and my experience to help others on a regular basis. It enriches my life. Yet I am only learning to receive. Tonight I was part of an impromptu group of 12, laughing and sharing my celebration of life. I was loud. I laughed so hard I cried. I ate a hot fudge sundae for dinner. I hugged almost everyone twice. Relationship has become important, though I have only NOW learned how important that is. I have people in my life who care for me. It was only recently when I had others to participate in and help me celebrate my successes, that I realized it wasn't until I was a grown up before that happened. I am glad I didn't figure that one out until I possessed the opposite. There is so much to be grateful for today. And the best part is....now I know how to embrace it with childlike wonder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment